. . HOW RUNNING CAN AFFECT YOUR SLEEP
“Sleepwalking is when someone walks or carries out complex activities while not fully awake”. Sleeprunning, on the other hand, is just a made up word by us to get your attention on this highly relevant and important matter: the importance of sleep and how exercise can affect it in both good and bad ways.
SOME SAD STATISTICS
- A US study has estimated the annual costs of insomnia to be between $92.5 billion and $107.5 billion.
- 71,000 people suffer injuries every year due to sleep-related accidents.
- 1,550 people die because of sleep-related accidents.
- 46% of individuals with frequent sleep disturbances report missing work or events, or making errors at work, compared to 15% of healthy sleepers.
* University of Caen Normandy, France; University of Wisconsin Madison; University of California Irvine, etc
* Examples of cardiovascular or aerobic exercise are running, jogging or walking, swimming, cycling and stair climbing.